In the lead up to this year’s Summit, BikeWalk NC will be offering a virtual presentation of the NC Friendly Driver Program on Tuesday, September 12th, at 6:30pm. This virtual format of the program will offer those in areas of the state not yet reached through in person presentations an opportunity to experience the program and learn how to safely co-exist on the road with vulnerable road users.
This interactive and entertaining workshop, made possible with grant funding from the NC Governor’s Highway Safety Program, discusses:
- Motorist driving habits that impact people who bike and walk along our roadways;
- Explanation of common bicyclist practices;
- How to avoid common crashes between motorists and vulnerable road users;
- Active transportation infrastructure (like bike lanes);
- Complete Streets concepts.
Through dialogue and a multimedia presentation, this workshop provides an accessible, engaging opportunity for motorists to learn together and become stronger allies of active transportation users on the roadways. It is especially appropriate for those who drive professionally (taxi or car-hailing drivers, bus drivers, delivery services, etc.).
Advance registration is required for participation in the virtual program. A link to which will be provided to you a week before the program.