BikeWalk NC is proud to be partnering with The Great Trails State Coalition to promote and support 2023 as the “Year of the Trail” in North Carolina.
The Great Trails State Coalition is a group of organizations, agencies and supporters advocating for the establishment of a Great Trails State Fund, with funding for all kinds of accessible trails, including natural surface and paved greenways.
The NC Year of the Trail will represent is the largest statewide celebration of trails and outdoor recreation in North Carolina history. Goals of the program are:
- Inspire people of all ages, abilities, and backgrounds to try trails,
- Demonstrate the importance of trails to elected officials.
- Boost outdoor recreation tourism across the state through Year of the Trail events in all 100 counties.
- Promote safe and responsible use of trails, with the Outdoor NC Principles.
- Advance diversity and inclusion on trails.
The Year of the Trail Toolkit is available for communities to learn how they can host and participate in events throughout the year.
Click to learn more about the coalition, or to become a member organization.