Bike Walk NC proudly presents the
Join cycling experts and advocates from the Southeast region at the 5th Annual NC Bike Summit! The event will be held from September 16-17, 2016 in Asheville, NC.
The theme of this year’s summit is “pedaling toward economic development”. If you’re interested in presenting at the summit, submit a presentation proposal.
Keynote speakers will focus on Bicycle Tourism and Economic Development.
Where: Asheville, North Carolina
When: September 16-17, 2016
- Sept. 15th – Bicycling Traffic Skills Class
(open to first 20 registrants, separate fee)
- Sept 16th – Kickoff Luncheon with NC American Planning Assoc. (NCAPA)
Plenary, followed by Breakout and Mobile Sessions
Reception at New Belgium Brewing’s new facility!
- Sept 17th – Plenary, Breakout and Mobile Sessions
- Sept 18th – First Open Streets Event CYCLOVIA in Asheville
The 2016 NC Bike Summit promises to be packed full of information useful to bicycle advocates, transportation planners, business owners, elected officials, tactical urbanists, public health practitioners, and livability and sustainability professionals. Experts from across the state and beyond will be on hand to share their knowledge and experience. The mission of the summit is to:
• Foster collaboration between North Carolina’s various bicycle movements, efforts, and endeavors;
• Educate local government staff, bicycle advocates, and policy leaders;
• Promote bicycling as a valid form of transportation and as an economic driver; and
• Highlight North Carolina’s dedication toward becoming a premier bicycle friendly state.
Let’s PEDAL FORWARD to a bicycle friendly North Carolina!
Register Today! The first 200 registrants will receive a pair of DeFeet Logo Socks for free (a $12 value)!
Who Attends The Summit?
Planners | Business Owners | Engineers | Elected Officials | Sustainability Coordinators
Nonprofit Leaders | Economic Development Specialists | Transportation Professionals
Tactical Urbanists | Local Bicycle & Pedestrian Coordinators | Public Health Practitioners
Livability Experts | Environmental Scientists | Community Advocates | Educators
A Wide Range of Lodging Options
Make sure to coordinate your housing ahead of time, as September will be a busy period for the city of Asheville. Explore some of Asheville’s best housing options here:
- Explore Asheville– A website of our blockbooking hotel options
- Airbnb Asheville– A website for Asheville citizens and visitors to list and find temporary lodging
- Sweet Peas Hostel– An affordable hostel near the center of downtown Asheville
- Bon Paul & Sharky’s Hostel-A colorful and comfortable hostel in West Asheville
- French Broad River Camping– A website detailing rates and information for camping along the French Broad River
- Warm Showers– A community for touring cyclists and hosts
Representatives from BikeWalk NC are currently compiling a list of host cycling families. To receive more information about how you can get in touch with a host cycling family, contact Garrett Artz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help Us Spread the Word!
Let your friends and colleagues know you’ll be attending the 2016 NC Bike Summit, through social media:
The NC Bike Summit is presented each year by BikeWalk NC in partnership
with other regional and local advocacy organizations.
2016 Local Host
2016 Regional Partner
We are truly grateful to the many fine sponsors, whose generous contributions make the NC Bike Summits possible!