Promoting walking and cycling statewide since 2008
Why Become a Member?
Walkable, bicycle-friendly communities provide a healthy environment and a growing economy for North Carolinians and our visitors. We work with elected officials, government agencies and nonprofit sectors to increase access to and safety of active transportation options. We need your voice to join us in making a culture change via education, enforcement and promotion of walking and bicycling! Your financial support is crucial towards making our mission a success. As a 501(c)-3 nonprofit, your contributions are tax deductible. Here are some of the efforts we do on your behalf:
- Annual Bike Summit
- Programs to educate law enforcement about bike laws and safety
- Safety education curriculum for children and adults
- Share via Facebook and Twitter key Cycling and Walking Events/News
- Monthly newsletter
- Policy development to guide our work with NCDOT and legislators
- Outreach to advance NC’s Complete Streets policy implementation
- Fund BWNC staff leadership to drive these initiatives
Become an Individual/Household Member – Memberships are $15 for students, $30 for individuals; opportunities to contribute further to BWNC’s mission are also available from our “Join Today!” link below.
Become a Group member – Bike Clubs, Advocacy Organizations, and other Nonprofits – We consider you our Partners! All group memberships are $100; opportunities to contribute further to BWNC’s mission are also available from our “Join Today!” link below.
Be a Corporate or Business Sponsor
Become a Business or Corporate Sponsor – We love having businesses support us and demonstrate their support of bicycling and walking. Donate now or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss logo and/or website opportunities.